Top Ten Tuesday is a fabulous weekly event hosted over at
Broke and Bookish
. Every week they have a new list of Top Tens to answer.
This week's topic is Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open. So Voilá!
Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open
1. The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
Wow. Just wow. Completely mindblowing! I thought, 'No way will his ending be able to top the books.' I have never been so completely wrong in my life!
2. The Maze Runner by James Dashner Total cliffhanger at the end! I was dying until the next book came out.
3. The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
This is the final book in one of my favorite junior fiction series. The conclusion didn't skimp, and everything ended exactly as it should.
4. The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
Ah, a beautiful ending. It had me squeaking with joy and eagerly awaiting The King of Attolia.
5. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
So romantic and so charming! I've read this book over and over again, and the ending still gives me happy goosebumps!
6. The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis
Sometimes I read this book just so I can get to the ending, which sounds weird, I know. But the ending is that amazing. I wouldn't change a thing. The finale of this book leaves me happy for the rest of the day.
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
Of course this book is on the list. Those of you who have read it know how it goes above and beyond the other books. This ending leaves you feeling like you've just snuggled with a fuzzy blanket, or hugged a good friend.
8. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
There has to be more to this book! It can't end that way! I mean, sure, It makes you think. But who wants to think, anyway?! Huh?! (leave a comment if you felt that way too)
9. The Messenger by Lois Lowry
A bitter/sweet ending, but fitting, considering the book. Very moving.
10. The Bartimeas Trilogy by Jonathon Stroud
Also bitter/sweet. But perfect. So perfect. Possibly my favorite.
And there you have it!
Be sure to go here and check out the other blogs participating in Top Ten Tuesday!